While pigs worldwide are perfectly in healthy condition, a virus in their name has caused deaths and panic around the world. It will take some time to gauge the impact of this deadly virus, already labelled as new biological weapon to depopulate the world.
The Internet is now abuzz with a host of conspiracy theories about the spread and scale of swine flu. Before dismissing those, take a look at some of those theories:
1. This one compiled a list of 10 conspiracy theories.
2. This one asks to be aware of those conspiracy theories.
3. This one claims exposing the big business behind the spread of swine flu.
4. Newscientist says the virus is more likely to be a product of our (western) lust for bacon.
5. Simon Jenkins of the Guardian calls this a hysteria and feels the news won't sell papers or drugs, or justify the WHO's budget.
No matter what those theories say, it is better to be on guard than panicking.