From an Army Officer, received via e-mail:
Our beloved People of Bangladesh!
Take the salute of Bangladesh Army. We know that you feel now how much you were bluffed at Pilkhana by the so-called "cause" of the BDR jawans on 25 February 2009. You at first thought that they were right...they were deprived. But you see, we are the army, given birth, trained and fed by the people's money. we can never betray our people, our nation. if we wanted, we could bring martial law in the country on 1/11 or anytime after that.
Here is the true story of BDR:
1. Before 2002, only very average army officers were posted to BDR. Those officers used to pass time and wait for retirement. the scenario was changed in late 2002, when army started to pump in outstanding officers to BDR to shape up the national border and curb cross-border crime and smuggling. If you please recall, Phencidil was introduced by India in Bangladesh across benapole in the mid 1980s at the cost of Tk 2 per bottle. once they captured our young brains, they rose the price gradually and now they have phency factories all along Bangladesh border only to supply to Bangladesh. This is just an example of cross-border crime. so, to guard our beloved land, army started pumping very good officers into BDR.
Before 2002, the BDR jawans were very rich through the earning of smuggling. Their Sepoys, Naiks, and havilders had buildings and house that even officers can only dream of. After 2002, smuggling and its sharing by BDR jawans started coming down. capture of smuggling figures, if you can manage, will rightly prove that.
Therefore, the young BDR jawans that were pictured from pilkhana were the young people with 5-10 years of service who could not earn from smuggling. their seniors told them, "You see, we have made house when we were sepoy, but you can't have now because army officers are making money and not sharing with you." this is theme they used to motivate the young jawans.
2. Whenever there is an encounter with BSF, always we are the winner. Please remeber the incidents of Roumari, Padua etc. But all that appear in media is about our casualty only, rightly for the purpose of diplomacy principle. as long as army officers lead BDR, BSF will never win any single battle, they will always be in the loser's end and India will not be able to pump in drugs, fake currency and other harmful things into Bangladesh. the DADs of BDR are the worst losers. they are educated officers but cannot do anything because of army officers.
3. If you take another glance of Point 1 and 2 above, you will realize that if you were the enemy of Bangladesh, you would surely do the following:
Capitalize on point 1 to motivate DAD’s and young BDR jawans against the army officers.
If BCS officers are posted, the shrewd DAD’s would be able to easily bluff the innocent and educated BCS officers, threat them, and earn money.
4. This is the point on which our enemy used to motivate and raise the point of "nirjaton and bonchona" by army officers. If there were any such "bonchona and nirjaton" in this new millennium, could it be kept hidden from your eyes and from the eyes of international media and also from the people of Bangladesh? Impossible!
5. Now come to 25th February:
RAB arrives at Pilkhana gate at about 10am and ready to move in. Home Ministry said a stubborn "No".
Troops of Mirpur Cantt and Dhaka Cantt arrives at Pilkhana by 11:30am. They seek permission to go in. Again a big "No."
Innocent Media people, bluffed by the BDR jawans, focus to the nation the good side or the "right cause" of rebellion BDR. They ask for BCS officers!
Govt sends Nanok and others and they enter courageously into BDR Pilkhana and safely come back and they are not held hostage.
At 4:30pm, army tanks are ready to go in, briefing done, again a big "No". The army is told to go 3 km away from Pilkhana.
Night comes. Sahara and Nanok enter BDR and all lights are off. Sahara visits families of army officers without Nanok as seen on TV channels through BTV footage. She does not, we repeat DOES NOT meet any army officer of BDR.
Media people telecast live sound of firing from inside Pilkhana when Sahara is inside.
Sahara comes out and faces the media. Some channel representative asks her "Apni jokhon vitorey chilen, amra goolir shobdo shunlam, apni shunen ni?" she say "No. I did not hear any firing". Sahara did not mention anything about the 168 officers inside, nor the media asked her where were the officers.
This was because at that time bdr was completing the total killing of alive officers and their families under the eyes of nanok and mass graves were being prepared. Please refer to the ntv exclusive with major Mokarram on 28th evening. He said that he heard the voice of home minister entering into the kote when he was surrounded by bdr gunmen.
IG police freely moved in because his daughter and son in law Capt. Haider was inside. He ensured the rescue of his daughter, married 82 days earlier.
Only police is allowed to enter Pilkhana and throughout the night they find only 7 dead bodies and suggest that search could not be done due to darkness.
Non-military ambulances enter and leave Pilkhana a number of times and takes away so many dead bodies...but the total still remains 7. Only 5-7 other bodies appear from canal behind BDR naturally floating. It was because about 32 killers were taken away by those ambulances.
Next morning there is no sign of bodies. Bodies and mass graves are discovered after army and fire brigade (fire brigade boss is a brigadier of army) enter into Pilkhana late in the morning.
Size and depth of mass graves indicate that killers used the whole night to dig those and also to FLY AWAY from PILKHANA. Only about 200 fools of BDR were left at Pilkhana.
Nanok in a media briefing in front of Pilkhana declares that "It was a big conspiracy" and lac-lac crore taka were distributed in Pilkhana." DEAR MEDIA, HE WAS RIGHT. BECAUSE EACH DAD WORKING AT PILKHANA GOT TK 25 LAC between 22 and 24Th February, distributed by Nanok's men.
6. You see how brutally the representative of Bangladeshi people, elected just 50 days back-- Sahara, Nanok, Mirza Azam and Jalil...all of them ensured that your officers and their families, the officers of Bangladeshi people, are killed and molested. Only about 37 or 57 officers were killed in our War of Liberation 1971 by Pakistanis in 9 months. And our own ministers and MPs ensured that more than 140 officers and families are killed in about 24 hours! What an achievement of our nation!
7. BCS officers in BDR, and no officer from army, would ensure that another Rakhkhi Bahini could be in the making.
8. Added fuel to the fire was the corruption of DG and other very few officials in 'operation daal vaat'. We regret that and we apologies to the nation.
9. It is now clear that Nanak and DAD Tauheed had been communicating each other for last 1 month plus. They are classmates.
Your home minister and Nanak arranged the safe exit of all 13-14,000 BDR troops from Pilkhana throughout the night. Bangladesh army was not allowed to fire on the plea that "peaceful negotiation' was going on. We are servant of govt. we cannot but abide by orders.
If we were allowed to enter Pilkhana even at 4pm on 25Th February, we could save many innocent lives. Ask the people from the area/village of the dead officers. They all will say that those were our golden sons of the soil...truly so. They prove it in UN missions. That is why Bangladesh is the largest troops contributing country to UN. It is not India, Pakistan, US, Canada...it is poor Bangladesh! How strange...!
We are not asking you to believe this email. We are requesting you to use your judgment. Please let the People of Bangladesh know what your judgment say. Do something for the nation...in exchange of 140+ lives of your families...your officers...your sisters martyred at Pilkhana by... If your judgment concludes that what were said in this mail in the name of Allah is true, please forward to all possible contacts. Let the world know what you understand to be the truth. It is your responsibility as a human being. Is not it?